Friday, February 22, 2013

Foons!

One thing we have always loved about the boys are their funny mispronunciations of things. They are getting few and far between these days and they both speak beautifully. One of the few remaining is Connor's rendering of "hotel" as "hootel."

Jamie used to have a tough time with "sp" sounds, saying them as "f". We still talk about looking for parking "fots." Going through email archives I found this from March 2007, when he was 3. Sarah wrote:

On the way to school, Jamie said, "It's spring!" (pronouncing spring nicely). Then, "Mom, I can say SPOON. 'Cause I'm such a big boy." I said, "Jamie! How wonderful! Did you work on that at school, or with Daddy?" "I practiced in my room." And he really did say it perfectly! No more foons. 

In retrospect, it's totally Jamie, to practice something alone in his room until he got it right.

No comments: