Thursday, May 10, 2012

Reading/morning update

Harry Potter done. He's already on to the next Rick Riordan book. Interestingly, as much as I thought the reading was tied to a desire to see the movie, and I'm sure it was, this morning he did the same thing. Got up, got dressed for school, and came out and started reading on the couch. This appears to be a new era.

Connor meanwhile was a mess this morning, poor little guy. He seems to have a habit of falling on the blacktop at school and he really went down hard yesterday. Scraped both knees and his chin and his lip, which is all purple and puffy still. Plus he's got allergies raging so his stuffy and was coughing all night. Poor bunny. Given that mornings are pretty tough for him anyway, he really didn't deal too well today. As much as anything he seemed upset that everybody would be looking at his mouth and asking him what had happened. When I dropped them at school, he scowled and me and clapped a hand over his mouth and chin. That meant of course that I couldn't hear what he said, but I think it was something to the effect of "I'm keeping my hand here all day and there's nothing you can do about it Daddy!"

No comments: