Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day one and no drama

Well, Jamie's first day seemed to go well. When I picked him up, he was extremely calm. There was some question about materials to come home and I think he wasn't sure exactly what he was supposed to have and whether he had forgotten something. Interestingly, he got just ever-so slightly teary as he tried to sort this out, which was I think just some of the emotion of the day coming out. Turns out it was our fault, we were supposed to send him with a back-pack, so on the plus side he ended up with something to reprove us with.

Anyway, we have seen that the general rule is that the boys still us very little about school and this held true. You can well imagine I was beside myself waiting for details but not much came. But I asked how it was and he said firmly, if succinctly, "good." I asked if he had made friends and he said yes and named the boy who sits next to him. He likes his teacher he says and that's about what I got. Not worst fears realized by any stretch.

Drop off today went smoothly as well, there was no sense of not wanting to go back and, to his credit, he has not mentioned his old school once. I even got to hug him before he went in to the class.

1 comment:

Nonni and Diddy said...

No drama? How can we overreact to no drama? Oh, man!