Monday, August 23, 2010

And they're off...

The boys are at school as we speak. Jamie seemed to do just fine. He was a little nervous clearly but not overwhelmingly so. He has informed us that he wants to be James at school and Sarah, hoping against hope asked if she could kiss him when she dropped him off. You can guess the answer.

We stuck around for a parent info session after we dropped him off and found an excuse to walk by the classroom. As it happened, they were lining up in the hallway to use the bathroom. Jamie saw us but played it very cool as we walked past, watching us but otherwise giving nothing else away. As it happened, the door we were going to exit by was closed, so we had to walk back by. He was similarly reserved when we walked by, but we wondered if he was beginning to fear we were going to do that all day. Which of course we'd like to.

For his part Connor was not thrilled, but it was a more of a I-don't-feel-like-doing-this reaction than any anxiety. He did claim he didn't like school because his teacher gets mad at him. The love-fest that the two of them put on every time we see them tells a different story.

2 comments:

Nonni and Diddy said...

I'm torn between wanting a Jamie...oops....James and Connor cam so i can see it all and the realization that my heart would be in my throat constantly if I were to get my wish. "Teach your children well...." then let them go.

Sarah said...

I know what you mean, Mary. Seeing the brave look on Jamie's face this morning nearly did me in.