Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our photo correspondent






There is much to blog about, given that we are just back from a vacation on St. Simon's Island with cousins Liam and Finn. For the moment however, I am pleased to offer a sampling of photographs taken by Jamie Costello, who got a camera for Christmas. I think that there is a real range here, in subject from portraits to still-lives to abstractions and in expression from the mundane to the profound, though with rather more of the latter.

He is nothing if not prolific as well. What I am offering here is maybe 1% of his total oeuvre (as we say in the art history business). He filled up the memory card in a few days.

Enjoy and know that Sarah and I had exactly no hand whatsoever in any of these.

2 comments:

Nonni and Diddy said...

a fine eye for composition and thematic maretial.
the technical skills will follow.
G.Diddy

Nonni and Diddy said...

correction:material.My technical skills probably won't.