Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'm #2!!! I'm #2!!!

Many of you have asked, of course, about Sarah's reunion with the boys. Interestingly, while Connor seemed much more even keeled about the whole business, having got used to seeing the computerized version of Mommy, he was a little more ambivalent when she arrived. Jamie went running up to her and practically tackled her at the airport. Connor hung back a little and wanted me to hold him. He was a little shy around Sarah for the first 24 hours or so and would actually ask to come to me.

Very soon, however, the natural order of things was restored. We went to the Brady's today, revisiting the pool that was the site of great good times during Mommy's absence, with Connor clinging to me and then jumping from all sides of the pool into my arms. Today, however, he was sitting with her and when I asked him if he wanted to come jump to Daddy he looked at me like, "Are you crazy? Do I even know you?" Alas. Well, it was good being number one while it lasted.

1 comment:

Nonni and Diddy said...

When your competition is a little boy's mother, you probably have more of a chance going one on one with Kobe Bryant.