Friday, November 22, 2013

All-city

At danger of a braggy post here, but we got the news late last week that Jamie was selected for all-city orchestra! This was a bit of a thing because it was his first audition. As it happened he was sick and home from the school the day of the auditions, but he was determined to go to the audition. It was a blind audition and he admitted to me afterwards that he was pretty nervous about, but said it went really well. I said that sounds great and he replied that he was sure he wouldn't make it, but he wanted to see what the audition was like. When I asked why he didn't think he'd make it he said "Oh, Dad, there are a lot of really good players there!"

So the next day I was home with him when we got the news. I told him and he literally jumped up and down with excitement. So great to see him feeling proud of himself and knowing that he had worked so hard to earn it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Jamie!! Hard work pays off!