Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jamie spreads holiday joy

We were riding home in the car last week, I think on the way back from our traditional Monday after school ice cream, when Jamie, out of no where said. "Dad, it was kind of funny watching you struggle to put the cardinal on top of our Christmas tree." This nice observation then led to some thinking about presents under the tree. Jamie then began saying, as he likes to, that on Christmas he can get up whenever he wants. I said, that wasn't quite true but that he could get up at 6 (he would prefer 4:30 or 5). Connor, on the other hand, is like I was and figures the presents will still be there so why not stay in bed. This, in turn, frustrates Jamie because he has to wait for Connor.

So Jamie then said that when he was twenty (read: generic age signifying adulthood) he and Connor wouldn't be living together so this wouldn't be an issue anymore. I pointed out that they very well might live together, noting that his mommy and Aunt Carolyn had lived together when they were about that age. "Yeah!" Connor said. Jamie actually cleared liked this idea quite a bit, but said "Fine. But I won't wait for you to open presents!"

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm with Jamie. I used to wake up ridiculously early. We were allowed to open our stockings and gaze at the haul in wonder, then wake my mom at 7:00.