Monday, March 28, 2011

Ladies man

We are of course fascinated in watching our kids social lives. Jamie has always been so reticent, that I think we worry a bit about the degree to which other kids have to pursue his friendship a bit. We really shouldn't. They always do pursue him and it should clearly indicate to us that he knows what he is doing. There are three little girls at his old school who are absolutely adorable and who always loved Jamie. We never felt like he did enough to reward their efforts though. It seems the aloof thing works though, particularly combined with odd outbursts of very silly behavior.

We still take Jamie to the St. Catherine's soccer group on Saturday mornings with Connor. On Saturday we saw one of the girl's mothers who told us that just last week she found a letter in her daughter's room. It read: "Dear Jamie, I love you. I want to marry you but I know I can't because I am way too young. I know you don't love me, but if you start to let me know. Love, -----" (name redacted).

I will never question his methods again.

No comments: