Sunday, June 20, 2010

3-year-old being a 3-year-old

The boys had a great weekend with Auntie Meg. They were extremely excited for her visit and were counting down the hours until she came on Friday. Except that Connor hasn't quite mastered the idea of which numbers are smaller than others so he kind of counted up to it. Whatever.

Today we went out to lunch with some friends at a very popular Houston breakfast place. Now, the boys had already eaten so as we stood in the long line to order I wasn't surprised that they claimed they weren't hungry and didn't want anything. Neither, however, was I surprised when Connor announced, literally as I took my first bit of food, "I'm hungry." I was prepared for this and had some toast to which I applied strawberry jam and all seemed well. Then he remonstrated me strongly for not giving him ketchup. Silly me. I didn't quite know what would happen when I did, but I should have guessed he would just happily pick up a glop of it with a corner of the toast as it went towards his mouth. Yum!

Jamie, meanwhile, had found a table knife and had begun slashing the salt and pepper shakers into submission. I came down on that pretty quickly so he turned his blade to his brother. He did at least give Connor a knife to protect himself. I came down on that to so then Jamie took Connor's ketchup-and-jam splattered crusts and began hacking them to crumbs. Good, good times.

No comments: