Monday, March 8, 2010

Ouch!

Sorry, loyal readers, for the paucity of posts lately. I had a couple of other writing things to occupy me the last couple of months but those are cleared away for the moment so I can concentrate on the important stuff.

The boys have inherited, perhaps from G-diddy, a love of the well-placed movie quotation. They've been at it for some time. About a year ago Jamie and I were at a Rice baseball game and we came across a Ferrari in the parking lot (tenured faculty member's no doubt). I showed it to him eagerly, and he immediately responded, quoting the Cars movie word for word, with Italian accent: "A real...Michael Schumacher...Ferrari!! Punch me Guido! Punch me in da face!!"

Connor has picked this up as well and deploys it sometimes to quite comic effect. We were discussing going to a surprise party for Jamie's teacher last weekend and Connor asked how old she was going to be. We told him 50 and he said, quoting his current fave Space Chimps, "Oooh. That's gotta hurt." You can't teach this stuff. Don't worry though, it will be several years before they're in a position to quote from The Godfather saga, and The Hurt Locker is right out.

1 comment:

Nonni and Diddy said...

Remember though,it's never too early to renounce Satan