Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Breakfast with Connor

Here's a word for word account of my conversation with Connor about his breakfast. Having eaten some cereal and blueberries to start, Connor saw me fixing my breakfast and proclaimed, "I'm still hungry! I want more break-fist".
"OK," I said, "what do you want?"
He answered as is often his wont, "Lotsa stuff."
"OK, what kind of stuff?"
"Lotsa stuff!"
"How about some cereal and milk?"
"Yeah."
Then, as I am preparing to pour the cereal into a bowl, "I don't want that!"
"OK, how about a cream cheese and jelly sandwich?"
"Yeah...What's in a cream cheese and je-yey sandwich?"
"Well, cream cheese and jelly, Connor."
"But I don't like cream cheese and je-yey sandwich. It gives me a headache"
"Yes you do Connor you eat them all the time. And cream cheese and jelly sandwiches don't give anybody a headache."
"I'm not hungry."
"Do you want some blueberries?"
"Yeah...and cereal."

No comments: