Friday, April 25, 2008

This report from Sarah about a conversation with Jamie at bedtime recently:

Jamie: Mommy, will you lie me with for some seconds? or, maybe,
ten minutes?
Mommy: Yes, sweetie.
Jamie: Let’s talk.
Mommy: Okay. What should we talk about?
Jamie: Dinosaurs. Can I just say something to God?
Mommy: Yes.
Jamie: (look at ceiling): God, please don’t let there be any fireworks,
or scary noises, or thunder or lightning, and please don’t let the criminals come and take my stuff or me or my family, and please don’t let me dream about fireworks or scary things or thunder or lightning. Now let’s talk Mommy.
Mommy: Okay.
Jamie: Let’s talk about T-rexes.
Mommy: T-rexes are pretty big and scary.
Jamie: They had big teeth.
Mommy: Yes, and little short arms (demonstrates).
Jamie: They couldn’t give hugs.
Mommy: No. (Lots of hugs are had, and Jamie goes to bed).

No comments: