Monday, September 10, 2007

You'll always be Mr. Sillypants to me

During the first few months after Connor was born, many people asked how Jamie was dealing with it, of course. Although there was undoubtedly some emotional difficulty that was expressed in some potty regression, we were at first really pleasantly surprised at how well he seemed to accept Connor into the family, often calling him "my baby." He seemed to get a kick of Connor's baby habits and made up nicknames for him, like "Mr. Sillypants."

Since Connor has been on the move, however, things have gotten a little more ambivalent. Toys, of course, have been a source of conflict, especially since Connor follows Jamie exactly in his regard for cars above all else. Also, sitting in Mommy's lap has become a particular point of jealousy for both. Then the other day Jamie announced to Sarah: "I don't like Connor. I love him and he's still Mr. Sillypants but I don't like him."

No comments: