Sunday, July 15, 2007

I only ask the impossible

Jamie's Nonni and Diddy are visiting and got to witness a classic Jamie-ism last night. As some of you may be aware, young James can be rather particular. In this case, we were giving him his bath before bed. Jamie is very sensitive to the water temperature and I have to say I was feeling pleased with myself for having gotten it perfect. Just a little to the warm side of tepid, impossible to complain about, I thought. Wrong. Jamie got in, I poured some water over him to rinse him and he immediately went to the mattresses, as we say when he goes from calm to tantrum in a heartbeat. I calmed him down and discerned that he was telling me he wanted the bath "cold AND hot."

The scary thing is I knew what he meant. I had to run some cold water and mix it with the warm in the cup that we use to rinse him. So there you have it. A bath can in fact be two temperatures at once.

No comments: