Thursday, March 8, 2012

Our car

The red Mazda that we bought from Jim and Fran when we came to Houston has officially acquired iconic status for the boys. It used to be, when I had my little Honda 2-seater, that this was the only car they rode in and it came to be called simply "Our car" as if that were the make and model. They've just never cottoned on to the new Mazda-5 and still prefer to ride in our car when possible.

They were particularly loving it last night. I usually take them to McDonald's or Chick-Fil-A one night a week, usually after karate, so Wednesdays this semester. Last night it was sort of drizzling as we left to go home. "Our car" has a sun roof and they are quite fascinated by having a window in the roof of the car especially when it is raining. This time it was light enough that I opened it up entirely and as we started driving the rain blew back on to them in the back seat. They just laughed and screamed with delight the whole way home. This prompted Jamie to proclaim: "Our car should be a mark of our family. When I grow up I'll drive it and then give it to my son or daughter and they will pass it on!" I'd better keep up with the oil changes!

No comments: