Friday, February 17, 2012

Tooth fairy

So after a pretty long interlude, Jamie lost a tooth yesterday. It had been unbelievably loose for some time, and Jamie delighted in making Sarah squirm by turning it around almost 360 degrees in his mouth. After it came out I told him to go put it under his pillow so he wouldn't forget to leave it for the tooth fairy. Connor and I came along. After he had done it, Jamie came up with some ruse to make Connor leave the room (I'm afraid the bunny is all-too easily convinced. I think it was something like 'you can play with one of my bey-blades Connor" and off he went, not inclined to look a gift horse in the mouth). With Connor gone Jamie said conspiratorially, "Dad I know since there isn't a Santa Claus that the tooth fairy isn't real. But do I still get a dollar?"

Assured that he would, Jamie was not displeased by the loss of the Tooth Fairy idea and is actually rather intrigued by the collection of his baby teeth.

No comments: