Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bacon!!

Connor is very fickle about eating. Not picky so much as just unpredictable. He seems to go days eating very little and then occasionally just goes crazy and eats everything in sight. He often claims to be very very hungry after dinner, whether he's eaten or not. Recently this happened and Sarah offered him a snack. He said, "No, I want two big peanut butter and jellys. And salmon. And beans. And grapes. And an orange." And there he sat for the next 45 minutes and consumed every bite.

One constant, however, is that he has been on a real tear with the bacon lately. A few weeks ago we went to San Antonio. We found an IHOP express and in essence he got a side of pancakes to go with his main course of bacon. When I asked him what he wanted for lunch a few hours later he said one word: "Bacon." When the same thing happened at dinner I drew the line until the next morning when we were back at IHOP.

Another time of great hunger is immediately after school. soon after San Antonio he got in the car and announced to me that he wanted a hangubber. OK I said and thinking I would please him asked if he wanted a bacon cheesegubber. "NO!!!" I was told, "I want a hangubber." There was then a pause and he said, "With bacon and cheese and bacon and chicken. And ketchup." OK, I said. Fortunately he was too busy with the bacon to notice the lack of chicken.

No comments: