Thursday, August 13, 2009

We've had one accident-free day at the jobsite!

Yes, that's right folks, Connor went a whole day using the potty and had no accidents! He is extremely pleased with himself and we are too, since it raises the possibility that he could actually go to the school we are paying for this Fall! For whatever reason until very recently, he just wasn't getting it and didn't seem to want to. All the bribes and big boy talk in the world couldn't make him want to do it, but something has clicked and he has been improving almost exponentially. Yesterday was a little challenging because he would go and then tell us he needed the potty, but even this was progress. Sarah had cleverly said that he would get a sticker and marshmallow for every time he went in the potty and he is loving that of course.

She also cleverly enlisted Jamie's help by saying that if he encouraged Connor he would get a marshmallow too, so he is pretty into it. On the other hand, he is not wild for all the attention this means Connor gets. Yesterday he said sadly to me. "I wish everyone was involved in my potty too." We've been trying to be as encouraging as possible, I can assure you.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I mean, honestly-- who wouldn't want a marshmallow for using the potty? I think I'll go get one now, in fact.

Unknown said...

Way to go Beth! We're proud of you.