Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our correspondents abroad

Here's an entry from Sarah and Jamie from Cyprus!

Jamie is keeping a journal. He was really inspired by hearing about Anne Frank, whose house we saw in Amsterdam. He is exploring various forms of journaling; the first is in the form of a letter, the second is a reminiscence, the third is more of a diary entry:


Dear Liam, I liked going in the ocean and going in the waves. That was so fun. I loved it. I loved when we had sleepovers. Me and Liam were having so much fun playing the lion game when Liam was a rabbit and I was a lion and we were friends when we were a kid and a teenager, but when I grew up to be a grown-up I didn't remember the rabbit, but when he went into this hole I remembered him.

When we were in Vermont, I was in a room with bunk beds. I had a bicycle that Pops got for me. I went on a boat ride with Daddy. Connor had a birthday and I made a choo-choo train cake with Nonni. I went to school in Vermont and I had a friend named Cyrus. Me and Cyrus played and the teacher sprayed water at us and we ran away. Pops took me and Connor to a ski mountain in Connecticut. Pops told me that he and Emma went there and skiied. I thought I didn't want to ski.

Jamie: I saw more than 100 bicycles in Amsterdam and it was so cool in Amsterdam and I got to ride a boat with my momma. That was a lot of fun. And I rode a bus and two planes and two trains.

No comments: