Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New York New York

Well, I'm looking forward to going to the Big Apple this weekend, but I'm also feeling a little badly about it. Jamie has been getting more and more interested in the city for some time. This relates to a) a long-standing concern with the skyscraper and b) a very cute Curious George story in a book from his great aunt Thea, which includes a number of the landmarks. We've talked about the Chrysler building and the subway and the Guggenheim Museum, among other things.

But I was not prepared for hearing from Sarah how upset Jamie was to hear that I was going without him. She said when he heard he absolutely fell apart when she told him this. And he doesn;t even know that I'm seeing his cousin Eric AND going to a baseball game. I have promised him that we will go soon, but it's not soon enough. I'm buying him off with a light sabre (saver to him) when I get back.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, I'm going to New York next weekend, and also seeing a baseball game! But not Eric.

Unknown said...

Wow, that's almost as bad as leaving your family for an entire month. ;-)

And now I want to go to NYC, too!

Sarah said...

I want to go to NYC, too! It must be a fad. Leo is a trend-setter.