Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A bit of self-reflection

While their frequency seemed to diminish a little when we got back from Yavont, the why questions have been back with a vengeance lately. It is interesting to see some progression in the sophistication of the queries, however. Sure, there are still the unanswerable "Why this is Wednesday?" types, but there are some real advances, too. Sarah went away this past weekend and Jamie and I were talking about missing her, and he asked "Why I miss Mommy?". We came to the conclusion that it was because he loves Mommy, prompting the inevitable "Why I love Mommy?" There was a lot to be said in answering this, including, but not limited to: "Because she makes me feel cozy."

Anyway, this was a real step in self-examination I thought, away from such gems as "Why I did that?" and "Why this is my foot?"

No comments: