Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Odes to Mommy, drawn and spoken

Jamie was an enthusiastic participant in Mother's Day this year. He made two cards, one of which featured his first, as far as I know, drawing of the human figure. This was a portrait, from memory, of his mom. She had a brown body and a blue head topped with a shock of orange hair. One couldn't help but notice that the features were distinctly pig-like, so I think he needs to work a little on observation but it was a fine first try. He is working on writing his name, and his 2/5ths of the way there, signing his drawings with a confident JA.

He also came home on the Thursday before Mother's Day beside himself with excitement to recite a poem to Mom he had learned at school:

Roses are red,
Violins are blue.
Sugar is sweet and so are you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I can't wait to see them! I hope Connor waves to me!!!